Saturday, March 1, 2008

Galley and Scullery


Today I boarded a submarine. My first impression of the vessel was that it was for petite people only, and I laughed to think of my tall friend, McMaugh, making his way around this sub. The hatch going into the sub and separating the compartments looked more like hobbit doors than doorways for adult humans.
The submarine was designed for a crew of 50- although I had a hard time imagining me and 49 other people performing military maneuvers and drills (below the surface of the ocean) for an extended period of time. 
It is a peaceful submarine, never going to war or carrying weapons, and it is named after a very docile fish. Still, it took me a while to acclimate to the small spaces and all the military "gadgetry" that was on board.  I enjoyed my tour of the submarine, but was very glad when I was able to breathe fresh air and look at the sky again.
The young men and woman who choose to serve in our military are indeed Superheros as well. 

Marvel's new Ghost Rider #20, is the beginning of a new story arc, and is produced by a fresh creative team with Jason Aaron as the writer. He has given Johnny Blaze a new direction and has included nurses with machine guns and undead things along Highway 18, creating a storyline with more of an edge. I know that I am bias here, for any writer who includes the undead into their comic is tops with me. There is always room for zombies.

Zombies on a submarine? Now that would be a fun story~ 

No comments: